Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blog Fatigue..& A Cheese Sandwitch

Something interesting happened the other day. Chris asked if I had added anything on my blog, "lately." After thinking about why at this most joyous time of year, with much merriment to share, I have not posted more often the answer is clear, I think I have blog fatigue. I don't seem to think about my blog as often as I used to. Now instead of original snappy comments I have resorted to blog poaching (thanks Rebecca and Emily). I still read everyone blogs, but can't seem to think of any thing blog worthy to comment on.

After much contemplation on a blog worthy story I give you the 2008 version of

Oedipus.



Sam, "Mom shut your phone."
Me "Why do you want me to shut my phone Sam," (I was looking at Chris' picture)

Sam, "Because I'm the dad, now shut the phone."
I should interject that Sam has been pretending for some time that he is "The Dad." When ever I talk about Chris Sam tells me, "No daddy isn't the dad, I am."

This conversation was followed by

Sam (holding his tool box) "I'm going to work now."
He then got on his trike and rode away. Seconds later he came back pronouncing to me

"I'm home from work now make me a cheese sandwich."

56 days till Chris comes home.

He survived the Taliban, I only hope he can survive Samuel.

9 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh dang he is so cute and so grown up! I hope you can have a Merry Christmas even with Chris gone. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Colleen said...

Ha ha! "Now make me a cheese sandwich." Too funny. Reminds me of when Jim used to tease me by saying, "Now make me some pie!"

56 days! That's totally doable!

V and Co. said...

SWEET! we're in the homestretch baby! now make me a sandwich!

Marie said...

Kinda funny we all have different numbers..

Chris said...

That is funny. Hopefully he'll let me be the Dad again when I come home. :)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Little scary. Better watch out, Chris. That picture is so sweet.

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne said...

Sam, you're a hoot!

Katie McCaul said...

That is a funny story! Glad you have a dad there while chris is gone.