
Well, I'm about about 18 hours from "running," the Park City Half Marathon. I'm very excited and I know it will be a
person highlight of my life. There is something to be said for starting out alone running in the dark as the sun rises. As I become more tired I will have to push through the crappy first quarter when I want to give up. However, when I finally hit my second wind the the natural high will carry me forever.
person highlight of my life. There is something to be said for starting out alone running in the dark as the sun rises. As I become more tired I will have to push through the crappy first quarter when I want to give up. However, when I finally hit my second wind the the natural high will carry me forever. Right now I'm listening to my ipod to slowly get me mentally ready to beginning running. I'm the type of person who has to do things with alot of routine, (you've probably noticed that) If I were a Baceball player I'm sure I would have to spit on my shoes and turn around three times before I started to play. I like, rituals they keep me focused. As I have trained I have listened to the same playlist in the same order so I know when I need to push or I can coast. The only problem is if my ipod dies or doesn't work tomorrow I think I will be in world of hurt.
Lastly, I want to thank all of you who have sent me notes this week encouraging me. I'm truly looking at this Half-Marathon as a metaphor of the deployment. It started out overwhelming, began slowly and now at half way I'm energized to complete my own goals before my time is up. I love you ladies and am so grateful for your friendship!!
p.s They are going to have live bands along the course, how cool is that!
12 comments:
You are going to do awesome! You are an inspiration. I can't wait to hear the update.
Good Luck Burg! I know you'll do great! Post some photo's of your medal!
You da bomb. I can't wait to hear how it goes. The bands thing is really cool.
Go Burg!! You are amazing!! Enjoy yourself, and be sure to tell us how it went!
hey send me your email address, i have to go private now...
good luck lady! i'll be thinking of you as i lay lazily in bed tomorrow!
Good luck Burgandy!
Good Luck, Burgie!!! I know you'll do well. Remember that I love you and I'll be thinking of you as you run!!!
I can't wait to hear how it went! You are awesome!
Check you out! You are so awesome! I wish I had your energy!
I can't wait to hear how it went. I bet you did great and what a cool accomplishment, you are awesome. Congrats.
How did it go?!? I want all the gory details.
Post a Comment