I had a strangely entertaining day, I actually played with Sam for a couple of hours. When I say play I mean I sat on the floor putting puzzles together, then built his train set and played with him. I haven't," played," with him in over a year. Usually, our days are spent with me thinking of things for him to do so I don't have to interact or teach him because I was tired of talking to so many kids. I always had time to take my foster kids to their doctors appointments, therapy and see their dysfunctional parents which left little time for my own kids. Today, however I had a great time with him enjoying all his funny comments and sweet hugs and kisses. The other strange thing was after he was done playing with me he played Pirates with Madison. I didn't know he knew what a pirate was, that they wear eye patches or say argh. In the end he hasn't been to damaged by my lack of attention, but I have been the one to miss out on his amazing imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We need to hang out I get off work and am home everyday at 11:30...most nights are free too!
Count me in on that hangin' out action. Elijah loves Sammy!
Pirates are cool. ARGGGHHH.
Post a Comment