I haven't written anything for quite a while because since about Feb 26th it seems like I have been living on Mars. I have had four foster kids come and go..Yes Kaleb and Karlee are now in a loving adoptive home; I have however gained two more adults and four young kids in my home. I have been living in a kind of crazy limbo for such a long time that I'm not sure what normal feels like anymore, normal being 9-5 dad and caring for my own children. Because, I have been on Mars so long I have also been flirting with the idea of crawling in my bed and not coming out for 8 months. I know most of you are feeling the same way, and I wish I had a cure for this lifeless limbo we are living. The ironic thing is now that I have only my kids to care for and have asked to be released from all me church callings, I don't know what to do with my time. I have realised that being a wife, mother, foster parent, active church member and inn keeper to homeless friends has left me with a shell of responsibility that protects me from developing myself, talents or interests. In truth maybe its just exhaustion that has kept me from taking up knitting, but I now see I need to have a personal direction in my life. I'm not sure what I'll do, but it is a nice feeling to see the world as wide open and not a box of responsibilities that I can't escape.
Of course I don't want to depress you for looking at my blog so please enjoy this video of Sam and his cousin from last Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Welcome back to planet earth. :) Glad your life is settling down a bit.
Congrats! Having fun on earth...Im still stuck on mars!!
Oh yes, take this time to soak up the idea of doing nothing, and do NOTHING! You never know when you will land yourself back on Mars.
I'm sorry that you have been gone and I didn't notice you were away. I'm glad you are back and I hope you enjoy this new adventure of figuring out your life and time. Also, that is a very fun video - too cute.
Cool. Now you've got some time to spend on yourself or do the other things that you want to do. Love you lots!!!
Hey it is Megan Hilton and I am glad that I found your blog. It was really nice to meet you and your family last night. I think you are all just wonderful. Your family is beautiful. I am glad that you made it back to planet earth. I hope that your life settles down. Good luck and hope to see you soon.
Glad you are back! You handle it so well I never noticed being around you that you had so much stuff going on. I hope you have some time to relax.
Post a Comment