Oh I forgot to mention in my last post that we are thinking.. well, moving closer to giving our two dogs to a new home. If you know of anyone who would love to adopt two loving, calm, well trained Golden Retrievers let me know. Here is a little bit about each of them.
Oliver is a 4 1/2 year old pure bread Golden who's turn-on's are, bacon (or any meat..actually any food in general) tennis balls, and the occasional walk from one of his favorite spots on the floor to another.
Ella is older than Oliver is half Golden and half Brittany Spaniel. In her spare time she like to lay at my feet, eat off the floor and sleep at Sam's bed side at night, which is at his request.
We love our puppies very much and want them to have a great life, but sadly they are not getting what they need here.
6 comments:
seriously? wow.
You're really trimming the fat these days, huh? If you decide to give away one of your girls, I've got dibs. :)
cool colleen which one do you want?
Hey, there's no giving away my girls! We must keep them all. They're good at cleaning the house, excellent babysitters, they make me laugh, and I happen to like them. :)
Last year we gave away our yellow lab. He was pretty neglected here, as far as attention and exercise. We sent him to a home that dotes on him and loves him as their own child. I'm happy for him but also sad for him. We saw him while we were on vacation and he has gained nearly 20 lbs which is a lot for a dog. He looked so unhealthy I almost cried. So which is better, a dog that is thin and gets no attention or a dog that is loved, possibly to death? I vote for the latter as I don't have to clean up his hair anymore. So, good luck.
I remember our walks with your dogs up in the hills above your house. I miss those days. I know you love your dogs. This must be hard on you.
Post a Comment