Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Shout Out To My Homegirls


I would like to take a moment to thank my girlfriends for helping me have more fun the past three evenings than I have had in years. On Thursday night Colleen invited me to her book club meeting which turned out to be WWF Relief Society. Not only did someone ask me if I was voting for Obama, but then we, "discussed" the pros and con of the Prop 8 measure in CA. I think I'm not going to be invited back to the book club. (sorry Colleen)

Friday night I went to dinner and walked around Gardner Village with Cami, Lindsey and Lisa. Although the food and Gardner Village was a bit underwhelming the Michael Jackson, Vanilla Ice Karaoke in the car on the on the way home was outstanding.






Finally Sat night Cami, Lindsey, Colleen and Christine took me to dinner then we went bowling for my birthday. The dinner conversation was loud and hysterical followed by bowling which can only be described as, "Middle Age Women Gone Wild." I have never laughed so long and hard and can I say Lindsey was totally rocking her cheerleader moves, Cami knows how to shake what her momma gave her, Colleen dominated in showing her bowling prowess and Christine showed us how to work a roll of toilet paper better than any super model.
I love you girls for helping me enjoy this time before Chris comes home on leave. I'm looking forward to many many more nights out on the town.
Thank You -Thank You -Thank You!!!

7 comments:

Becca said...

happy birthday burgandy! have a wonderful time with you hubby and let's get together here in a few weeks!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I love hearing about GNO. It happens so infrequently, really. I'm glad you had fun, you totally deserve it.

You are totally invited back to book club, it will be after the elections so it will be safe. Besides you HAVE to come to the December book club since you suggested the book. You also have to bring the treats, just so you know.

P.S. When I told Kenneth about book club he said you sound like a very smart woman.

burg3g said...

Jen you are totally invited next time. As for being smart I think I just like to debate..or argue.

V and Co. said...

ahhhh! happy birthday! you had a loud hilarious dinner with out me?! :) hey so when chris's time being here is over you should come down for a weekend or a week if you can...seriously i would love it.

Colleen said...

I was happy to be part of the hilarity! Book club has never so closely resembled the dream I had one time about book club turning into tears and books thrown across the room. Ha ha! Last night was awesomely fun. I know it will be tough to match, but I hope you and Chris have even more fun in the next two weeks!!!

bonitinha said...

I'm glad you came to book group. Come again!

meganhiltonedps3140 said...

Happy Birthday. It sure sounds like your weekend has been such a blast. Oh I am so excited to hear all about your two weeks with Chris.