My dear friend Yvonne has thrown down the gauntlet and suggested that my new play list is crappy (she didn't exactly say crappy).
Crappy can this me true?
I therefore challenge Yvonne Jury to a blog 80's music throw down where we will both put up our most beloved 80's music on our blogs and we will let our blog devotees choose which one of us has bragging rights.
Here is Yvonne's blog address http://juryjungle.blogspot.com/
Here are the rules..Yes I get to make up the rules.
1. The music must make you smile as soon as you hear it.
2. Now that our music tastes have, "matured" its about if we loved the tune back in the day. Not if we love them now.
4. When you hear the songs you are transported back to your younger better days.
5. Finally, I get spotted 5 points for not having a Claw back in the day. I will post proof of this as soon as I can find a picture and figure how to use my scanner.
P.S If you were born in the 80's you can still vote, however your vote will be graded on a sliding scale.
P.P.S Do not be swayed by her cute kids. It's all about the music man.
P.P.S.S Please refer to my previous post about 80's ballads and metal bands. They will not be included in my playlist and I'm guessing they probably won't be in Yvonnes either.
12 comments:
You're on, girlfriend!
I'm not saying that I hate your taste in music, but come on, the 80s were pretty bad. Anyway, I accept your challenge and I will be preparing my playlist for my blog. Look for it in a day or two.
well, I haven't gone over to Yvonne's blog yet to hear her songs, but I can only say that so far, I think your playlist is AWESOME, Burgandy!! :)
And some of the 80's fashion I really do miss - like when will skin-tight t-shirts and hipster jeans finally go out of style?? I kinda miss when baggy clothes were trendy. Much more comfortable.
Burg, your playlist totally rocks. Sorry Yvonne. But can anyone in their 30s really deny the awesomeness of Forever Young? I think not...
Lysa
I'm with Lysa, Forever Young is an automatic win. I have to admit I'm not a huge 80's fan, but your playlist has all of the best from that questionable decade. :)
I am familiar with all the songs on both playlists, but I have to go with Burg's as the overall winner. Yvonne has more songs that I would hear from my older sisters, but Burgandy has the songs of MY youth. The music that I would choose to listen to by myself. There are songs on Yvonne's list that I would skip, but I love everything on Burgandy's list.
All you girls must have been in grade school in the 80's!
I recognized more of your songs than hers, but thanks to late night TV informercials, I recognized most of them. Anyway, I voted for yours.
love ya, BEcca
p.s. For the record, I was in grade school in the 80's.
Hey, can I add a few songs I forgot? I promise not to delete any. You have to admit, you loved Milli Vanilli until they got busted. If I can't add more songs, I'm taking my toys (my LP's, 45's and cassettes - even my 8 tracks) and going home! LOL. Burg, your friends are relentless!
Milli Vanilli was what almost pushed the vote the other way. LOL
alright, now that I've listened to both - You still win, Burg. :)
And the next dance party we have, we will totally have to bring out the your playlist!!!
(PS - picking songs from a whole decade is pretty broad, you must admit. I would guess that Yvonne's were more early 80's and Burgandy's were more late 80's. So, it is kind of hard to compare. Just depends on when you were 12-16-ish!!)
Thanks, though. There were some I haven't thought of for many years and bring back many many fond (and painful) memories. Church dances, anyone?? :)
Post a Comment