Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Second Sign of The Apocalypse


I know after my last blog that you were thinking you had a little more time to prepare for the end of the world, but sadly no the count down has now begun because the second sign of the apocalypse is happening...Burgandy Keel is reading a fiction book.

I know, I know you can't believe this horrific thing has happened. Where were the warning signs? How will you comfort yourself in this hour of despair?
My recommendations are- Fat Boy ice cream, anything fried and lots and lots of reality tv are the only things that will see you through this uncertain time.

**For those of you who are not familiar with this particular sign of the apocalypse I haven't read a non fiction book in about 7 years and after book club is over for this month I probably won't read one for the next 50 years. The comment has be often made that hell would freeze over before I read fiction so I guess we are in for a cool down.

5 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You are hilarious. I hope you think it was worth it, or at least not too painful.

Colleen said...

Well dang, Burgandy! I wish if you were going to make such a momentous move you'd at least have picked something amazing! I mean the book was fine, but definitely not once-a-decade material.

burg3g said...

Can I get away with not reading the book and just not commenting? I didn't think that was an option ;)

Kara said...

Wow I am so impressed! You should have read Twilight. jk

Emily said...

If you are going to dive in and read one book, you should take the plundge and read the twilight serries. I did. I went in kicking and screaming! But finding my self still reading the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th book. UHH!!