Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chicken Pox

Yes, that's right we have a mild case of the Chicken Pox at our house. Kaleb my foster baby had his immunization about 10 days ago and yesterday when he got up from his nap he had a fever and the dreaded Pox pimples. I think my house must be a vortex for Chicken Pox because all of my girls have had it Lily was immunized but got it, Madison caught it from Lily when she was six months old. Later, when we were getting ready to move from CA, as we were getting into the car to drive to Utah Madison said she had rash on her side and stomach. We took her to the doctor as we drove out of town and much to our surprise she had the Shingles (dormant Chicken Pox). Well, we drove in the car together for 16 hours and on the day I was flying home Leia woke up and said, "Hey mom I have spots." So, I bought her a plane ticket put a hoody on her and prayed we didn't spread it to anyone on the plane. Oh did I mention she had also been immunized. So, now that Kaleb has the Chicken Pox it is further proof that we are living a statistical impossibility. Through all of the traveling Sam who was six months old never caught it but was immunized later so we will probable still catch it. On the bright side maybe I'll will the lottery since I have the odds in my favor.

4 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That totally stinks. We tried numerous times to expose our kids and they never got it. Remember me when your win you $200 million jackpot.

Kara said...

Wow chicken pox! Fun for you! Nice novel blog back at Josh by the way. He he he!

Becca said...

AHH! Chicken pox! I'm so sorry...

V and Co. said...

oh shoot does that mean we're next?