Friday, May 30, 2008

Jason Chaffetz for Congress


Ok, so most of you know I love politics. I talk about it to anyone who will listen.. really Chris has banned me from, "discussing," politics when we have people over. Well, since he is a million miles away and it is my blog, that by the was he doesn't read I'm going to begin bugging anyone who reads it to vote for Jason Chaffetz for congress in the third district. Chris Cannon (our current congressman) has become a life time congressman who gets nothing done and has become a non conservative. So please check out his website and if you feel so inclined to join us I will be dragging my six children to walk with his float at Pony Express Days. Also, if you want to make any political comments on my blog I would love it! Really..Please..






13 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you have been seriously misinformed about Jason Chaffetz. I have spent significant time with him and too liked him at first. However, as I started to really get to know him, I found out that he is a political opportunist who really has no new ideas and will do or say anything to get into power. I am no big fan of Chris Cannon, but with Chris you know you are dealing with. I don't think he is a lifelong congressman. He has good idea and doesn't do a great job articulating them. Anyway, I would strongly caution you to stay away from Chaffetz.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Awesome first comment. You asked for it. I do, however, disagree with the above comment. I have never liked Cannon, talk about opportunist. Chaffetz isn't perfect, that is for sure. I do feel strongly though that he is the better choice. The thing that held me up in my research before the convention was whether it would really make a difference to make a change in the Utah Republican leadership because of Cannon's seniority in congress. Luckily, candidate David Leavitt helped me see the light on that one. Too lengthy to go into here, but now is truly the right time for change.

V and Co. said...

ugh burg...go read twilight for a change!!!

HanHen_A1 said...

Jordan. Hmmm. If I remember correctly, that was the name of a high-ranking Leavitt staffer. I wonder - could this Jordan and that Jordan be one and the same? It always puzzles me to hear Chaffetz labeled a "political opportunist" as if no one else running for office or re-election is. There is also never any evidence or specificity to back up these broad-stroke claims - just the whines from sour people who have axes to grind over lost jobs.

Kara said...

You go BURG!! I think you must be really bored (ha ha ha) that you are going to invite all sorts of debating on your blog. Good luck he he he!!

Colleen said...

Welp, I'm afraid I'm not a Republican, so I won't be voting in the primaries. Can we still be friends? :)

camiligg said...

dude...what are these politiks you'se people are always talking about? i jist got in frem milk dem goats and now i have to churn it into goat butter. so you can see i dont have no time to talk about crooked people. me thinks that chris is write and no politik talk should be had.

Paul said...

Hi, Hope your all doing fine and being real about our next congressman. A fue of you have strong feeling and thats ok, Its hard to back someone and have them out of the running, or down in the poles. What we need to do is look at what is being said. Mr. Cannon stood behind Mr Bush all the way, he played his cards and now he needs to live with it. His new TV ad with the boarder, how sad. You shouldn't do one thing and then do an other. Mr. Cannon has done some very good things while a Congressman, and we should thank him. But as I found Mr. Cannon doesn't care what we think. thats not what we voted for. We want someone that will at listen to us and then waight it out and do what is best for our nation. It seems taht Mr. Cannon's ears are not working anymore. Its time, Thanks for all you'v done and have a great life, We wish you and your the very best.
Now Mr chaffetz, A little stuck on what he feels is right, but willing to hear you out, weigh it out and take the best action for our nation. He is a fair man that believes in our nation and loves the U.S.A., not that Mr Cannon doesn't, just the level of commitment to his values, not to the President or someone that might get you some were. The President has a low approval rating, but congress has a lower one. God bless America, and God bless Jason Chaffetz a new energized Voice for America and the 3rd district

Janice said...

Interesting . . . even those who aren't enamored with Jason Chaffetz seem to have little good to say about Cannon. Since we have seen that Cannon isn't getting the job done . . wouldn't it make sense to tell him so, by giving the job to someone else. If incumbents keep their office for an indeterminate length of time -- even if they aren't effective -- even if they aren't representing their constituents -- even if they don't support the basic tenets of their party (like No Child Left Behind) -- they need to be replaced.

Janice said...

NOTE: On the bottom of the page there is a reminder to vote in the Primary on June 27th. I think the Primary is June 24th. We don't want anyone to miss it.

Bateman Aviation Group said...

To the Augers: Right, unless they are planning on voting for Chris Cannon, then they can go vote on the 27th!

Matt said...

Jason is who we need in congress, period!

Emily said...

What does political opportunist mean, really? Is it seeing an opportunity and then taking advantage of it? I don't see anything wrong with that. But, after 10 years in congress with things just getting worse, it's time for someone new.