Thursday, May 8, 2008

Marathon anyone?

Ok, so I'm going to start, "training " to walk/run a half marathon at the end of the summer. A girlfriend of mine (Lysa Filcek) was going to move out here and we were going to try to walk together. Sadly, she is staying in CA and I still want to see if I can do it. Plus who doesn't want a medal to wear around your neck when you go to Walmart. Here is a link to the Marathon and the training schedule. http://www.pcmarathon.com/ http://walking.about.com/cs/marathontraining/l/blhalfmarathon.htm

6 comments:

Kara said...

I wish I lived closer to you so I could do this with you! I will never do anything unless I have some motivation (someone pulling me out the door) Good for you Burg!

jb1 said...

I will have to say, no thank you! Not this year anyway! My ankle is still in healing mode, so until it works a little better, I better stay away from marathons!

Jess B

Becca said...

Burgandy, I found your blog! This is Becca from the 142 get together last month. My blog is www.holgreen.blogspot.com also, the get together on the 24th would be awesome, I started working Friday nights so Saturday nights work great for me!

Marie said...

I am with Kara. I wish I lived closer so I could walk with you. Have fun!

Julianne said...

Burgy, what a beautiful family! I have been trying to train for a marathon. I love to run. Let me know when you want to go. I still can't go very far yet but it is fun!

V and Co. said...

well maybe i will...i don't know though, i really don't want to look like a fool on purpose...but the medal around your neck at walmart is very tempting...